The competition is a major event organised every year by the Chaîne des Rôtisseurs, the most prestigious, largest and oldest gastronomy, wine and fine beverages association in the world to support, assist and mentor our young sommeliers in Australia.
You need to be under 30 years old to enter; however, if you are older or are unable to participate, please pass on this information to your colleagues and sommelier friends to take advantage of this great opportunity. There is no entry fee.
Thibaut Broussier from Dinner by Heston was the runner-up of the Young Sommeliers Competition 2018.
Why should you enter this exciting competition?
Because you could:
- You take your profession and the industry seriously.You have ambition and that you are up for a challenge facing competitors from around Australia and eventually around the world. - You are willing to learn to improve your knowledge and proficiency. - You can be competitive and a high achiever.
- Win substantial cash and product prizes. The NSW and National winners receive $1500 and $3000 cash respectively and a range of beautiful wine related products.
- Enjoy free interstate and international travel, including to the finals in Seoul, South Korea.
- Improve considerably your knowledge of wines and fine beverages.
- Meet many interesting and useful industry professionals, have many networking opportunities and make friends with like-minded professionals.
- Improve substantially your future employment prospects in the best establishments in Australia and worldwide as your participation demonstrates to any future employer that:
Competition terms and conditions