Join Straight To The Source on Sunday, 8 September for a wild chef’s day out to learn all about Australian farmed and wild game.
This is an exclusive opportunity to visit a private farm just outside Sydney and learn all about wild kangaroos and deer farming, from paddock to processing, from master butcher Shannon Walker and Australia’s best game meat harvester, Robert Gallina. Shannon has 37 years of experience in the meat industry, mentoring and educating chefs and butchers alike, and Robert is the advisor to farmers across Australia.
After touring the farm, Shannon will demonstrate a kangaroo and a deer carcass breakdown, explaining the technical aspects of breaking down primals into different cuts and how to prepare and best utilise them.
An al fresco lunch on the farm showcasing kangaroo and venison, complemented with fresh local seasonal produce, will round off an educational day out.
This industry tour will be facilitated by food experts Tawnya Bahr (G&M's 2018 Culinary Advocate of the Year) and Lucy Allon specifically for chefs and includes:
● Round-trip transportation from Sydney’s CBD
● Exclusive access to a local red deer farm
● Private farm tour guided by wild game expert, Robert Gallina
● Technical deer and kangaroo butchery masterclass led by master butcher, Shannon Walker
● An al fresco lunch showcasing game meat
● All required fees, licences, permits and insurance
Straight To The Source – Wild for Game : Chef’s Tour
When: Sunday, 8 September
Time: 9.15am to 3.30pm
Cost: $450pp inc. GST
To book: www.straighttothesource.com.au