A 10-day culinary extravaganza : 8–17 November 2019
Western Australia Gourmet Escape, the 10-day culinary extravaganza running from 8–17 November across the Swan Valley (8–10 November), Perth (11–14 November) and the Margaret River (15–17 November), has announced the inaugural The World Gourmet Symposium, as well as a line-up of new events across the festival.
The Western Australia Gourmet Escape team is proud to offer a smorgasbord of events to suit all tastes and budgets. Guests are invited to design their own foodie adventure at Western Australia Gourmet Escape presented by Westpac with a range of mouth-watering new culinary experiences announced.
From a four-course dinner with Pierre Koffmann at Bistro Guillaume or a Momofuku collaboration at Dunsborough’s Yarri Restaurant, to a “hardcore carnivore” feast over fire, or a meet-and-greet (over wine) with Marco Pierre White, there’s something on the menu for everyone.To find the foodie adventure most fitting for them, guests can visit the website and create their own à la carte menu.
Across the 10 days, the eight new events announced include:
• Three highly anticipated dinner collaborations, featuring some of Perth’s best restaurants and the world’s most renowned culinary talent – An Evening with Pierre Koffmann at Bistro Guillaume (Wed 13 Nov); Santini Presents The Sicilian Job (Thurs 14 Nov); and Redefining Modern Australian: Cloudstreet × Wildflower presented by Singapore Airlines (Mon 11 Nov).
• Tex-Mex Takeover at Mandoon Estate presented by Australian Good Meat (Fri 8 Nov) – a meat-centric dinner under the stars featuring live cooking by “hardcore carnivore” Jess Pryles, and a menu inspired by her recent trip to Mexico.
Image credit: Paris Hawken Photography
• Back by popular demand, Fraser Gallop Estate Friday Long Lunch (Fri 15 Nov) with matched wines and food from Vue de monde Executive Chef, Hugh Allen. The Fraser Gallop Estate Sunday Long Lunch sold out within minutes, so hopeful guests are encouraged to buy their tickets as soon as possible!
Image credit: Jessica Wyld Photography
• 5 Hats Lunch: Momofuku Seiōbo × Yarri presented by Australian Good Meat (Sat 16 Nov) – a Caribbean-Australian six-course lunch at Dunsborough’s hottest restaurant prepared by Momofuku Executive Chef, Paul Carmichael, and Yarri’s Aaron Carr.
• Wine & Sign with Marco Pierre White (Sat 9 & Sun 10 Nov) at Gourmet Feast in the Valley. After his first event sold out in minutes, Marco is back by popular demand for meet-and-greets in the Valley.
• Wine & Swine with Colin Fassnidge (Sun 17 Nov) – a new headline chef talent hits the Gourmet Village for an exclusive lunch with some very lucky guests.
The World Gourmet Symposium
Taking place Thursday, 14 November at Swan Valley’s Mandoon Estate, The World Gourmet Symposium will be an intimate industry event exploring the creativity, daring, challenges and successes of some of the biggest names in hospitality via a series of thought-provoking talks, panel discussions and networking opportunities.
David Chang, founder of Momofuku will headline the Symposium, joined by chefs from around the globe, including Jock Zonfrillo (Restaurant Orana and The Orana Foundation, SA); Kobus van der Merwe (Wolfgat, South Africa, The World Restaurant Awards’ Restaurant of the Year); Palisa Anderson (Boon Luck Farm and Boon Café, NSW); Josh Niland (Saint Peter and Fish Butcher, NSW); Ivan Brehm (Nouri, Singapore); and Selassie Atadika (Midunu, Ghana).
To reflect an industry rich in creativity, experimentation and risk, The World Gourmet Symposium has also invited speakers from some of the world’s leading hospitality businesses. Joining is Syed Asim Hussain (CEO of Black Sheep Group); Fenella Kernebone (Head of Curation at TEDxSydney); Mike Weeks (CEO of Frontline Mind USA); and Rob Laing (CEO of Farm.One).
Day passes and VIP packages for The World Gourmet Symposium are available now. Corporate and group packages are also available upon request.
Symposium Day Pass – $390 (Symposium pass and lunch at Mandoon Estate)
VIP Package – $750 (networking meet and greet, Symposium pass, VIP seating and VIP lunch at Wild Swan with Kobus van der Merwe of Wolfgat, South Africa – Restaurant of the Year at The World Restaurant Awards 2019).
For more information, updates on further programming and to purchase tickets, please visit www.worldgourmetsymposium.com