At Giro d'Italia, owner/chef Dom De Marco serves up authentic Italian cuisine. Here, he shares a recipe for a popular dish.
Giro d’Italia’s spaghetti allo scoglio
1 garlic clove
1 bird’s eye chilli
2 tiger prawns
100ml fish stock
30ml Pinot Grigio
100g tomato passata
1 tbsp chopped parsley
2 leaves basil
Extra virgin olive oil
1. Bring to the boil 2L of water with 8g salt.
2. Wash and clean mussels and pipis.
3. Prepare the prawns – remove central part of shell leaving head and tail intact, and devein prawn. Cut the
calamari in small rings.
4. Heat the oil in a pan and seal the prawns and calamari. After few seconds take them out of the pan and set
5. In the same pan, cook garlic and chilli; add mussels and pipis with the white wine.
6. Once the wine is reduced, add the passata and fish stock and cook until mussels and pipis are open.
7. Cook the spaghetti in the boiling water for 5 mins, and then to finish, cook the pasta in the prepared fish
8. Add the prawns and calamari, parsley, basil, olive oil and pepper.
9. Combine the pasta and sauce and serve in a large bowl.