Restaurateurs Nathalie, Edouard and Antoine Reymond (Bistro Gitan, L’Hôtel Gitan) have opened the doors to Frédéric and Fréd’s Bar in Cremorne
“We’re really excited about bringing something new to the thriving Cremorne area, with a unique, dual-space offering that takes diners from breakfast through to dinner,” says Antoine Reymond.
At Frédéric, diners can enjoy a modern European culinary offering. The menu has a steak focus, complemented by an ever-changing selection of six seasonal specials. Dishes include:
· Broad bean and pea risotto, Grana Padano emulsion, mint
· Potato waffle, asparagus salad, hazelnuts, smoked goats cheese
· Snapper a la plancha, zucchini puree, fish bacon, baked swede, dried cherry tomatoes
· Grilled octopus, black garlic mayonnaise, mussel powder, pickled corn, braised radicchio
At Fréd’s Bar, guests can pair morning coffees from 5 Senses with fresh pastries or a selection of European breakfast specials. An all-day menu of considered small plates is served from 11:30am, seeing diners graze on the likes of:
· House-cured conservas, all served with toasted baguette, preserved lemon, tomato, oregano
· Crispy fried rockling baguette, cabbage slaw, tartar sauce
· Zucchini and leek quiche, Délice de Bourgogne cheese, tomato relish
· Victorian Southern Ranges grass-fed porterhouse marble +4, shoestring fries, salad
A contemporary wine list curated by Beverage Manager Tim O’Donnell features European and Australian pours, along with a selection of craft beers, and three available on tap, including a signature Fréd’s Lager.
Fréd’s Bar is also offering guests happy hour specials each weekday between 4:30pm–6:30pm. Alongside the drink offerings, fresh oysters will be on high rotation at $2 each.
Fréderic and Fréd’s Bar
(03) 9089 7224
○ Frédéric: Monday to Friday, 11:30am–2pm, 5:30pm–11pm; Saturday 5:30pm–11pm; Sunday, Closed
○ Fréd’s: Monday to Friday, 7:30am–11pm; Saturday, 3pm–11pm; Sunday, Closed