Register now to join one of the year’s most impressive dinners
On Saturday 4 March, Melbourne will again host the Parisian-inspired global phenomenon, Le Dîner en Blanc. In Melbourne for its third year, it promises another unforgettable evening of elegance, beauty and magic, with 2500 expected to attend. The annual secret dinner takes over an undisclosed public space, revealed only minutes prior to the commencement of the event. Guided by Dîner en Blanc volunteers, thousands of guests dressed in all-white will converge on one of the city’s most beautiful settings.
Launched in Paris in 1988 by François Pasquier and a handful of friends, Le Dîner en Blanc has become a worldwide epicurean phenomenon. The Paris event now attracts over 10,000 people each year, and has grown into an international sensation celebrated on five continents. Despite its global reach, the principles fuelling this event have not changed since its inception: to gather at a secret location for the sole purpose of sharing a gourmet meal, with good friends, in one of their city’s most beautiful public spaces.
The evening is filled with visually breathtaking moments true to its Parisian legacy and tradition. The feast begins with thousands of cloths being waved in the air, followed later by the lighting of sparklers to let guests know they are now free to mingle and dance. When the trumpet sounds at the end of the evening, guests pack up all of their belongings and head back into the night, leaving behind no sign of their elegant revelry.
To maintain the uniqueness and tradition of Le Dîner en Blanc, guests must follow a few key rules:
elegant and white only. Originality is encouraged as long as it is stylish and
• Guests must provide their own table, as well as two chairs and a white tablecloth: all white of course!
• All guests are required to bring their own picnic, containing white tableware, glassware, food, and non-alcoholic beverages. Alcoholic beverages or catered picnic baskets can be reserved online through the Dîner en Blanc website during the initial ticket registration.
Registration to participate happens in three stages:
• Phase 1 is for members who attended the previous year;
• Phase 2 is for new members who are referred by Phase 1 attendees;
• Phase 3 is for people who signed up on the waiting list via the official website: melbourne.dinerenblanc.com/register, by 27 January 2017.
Once confirmed, each guest’s participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions. It is a rain or shine event!
To find out more or register your place, visit melbourne.dinerenblanc.com.