June 2018 is the birth month of Israel's first Gault
& Millau guide. The Israeli gastronomic scene is bursting with energy of
original and modern restaurants, which Gault & Millau would like to share with
For 215 restaurants tested for 12 months, 108 fine-dining
addresses and 35 popular restaurants (street food, wine bar, tapas...) were
These establishments were rated and evaluated by a brand
new team of 12 Israeli and international reviewers, in accordance with the
criteria defined by Gault & Millau France and common to the 22 licensed
THE TEN WINNERS
1. Chef of the Year: Raz Rahav. His
restaurant OCD offers a unique dining experience where the guest tables
are surrounded by the open kitchen.
2. Best Entrepreneur: Eyal Shani. This
innovator in Israeli cuisine is at the head of several establishments: Hasalon, Port Saïd, Beit Romano, Miznon and North Abraxas.
3.Best New Restaurant: Asaf and Yotam
Doktor. Their restaurant DOK addresses locavores and has a promising seasonal menu.
4. Pastry Chef of the Year: Aner Zalel. He
shines while supervising the pastry section and tea room of the restaurant Dallal.
5. Best Traditional Restaurant: Magdalena, whose chef is Yosef "Zuzu" Hana.
6. Sommelier of the Year: Asaf Shen'ar. The
award rewards his service at Havat Zuk restaurant.
7. Best Interior Design and Ambience: Zakay
Huja's Jacko's Street restaurant. Its high-energy atmosphere, alternating ambient
music and dance music, deserves a reward.
8. Best Value for Money: Fifi Thai restaurant run by Ifat Tvoua.
9. Front-of-House Professional of the Year:
Pini Waknin. His service at Hayarkon 99, is top-notch fine-dining restaurant
with a quaint atmosphere, very "Orient-Express"
10. Popular Restaurant of the Year: Herzl 16 restaurant run by Ido Lev.
Have a good culinary trip!