This fruity cocktail from Darwin’s Snapper Rocks puts an Australian spin on the classic White Lady, with the addition of rosella and strawberry gum syrup creating a great layering of flavour with the juniper and citrus forward Bombay.
60ml Bombay Sapphire Gin
22.5ml lime juice
22.5ml rosella and strawberry gum syrup (recipe below)
1 egg white
To garnish: dehydrated lime wheel
1. Incorporate all ingredients into Boston shakers.
2. Dry shake to emulsify the egg white.
3. Open tins and add ice.
4. Hard shake again to chill the drink and produce a thick foam.
5. Double strain with both fine strainer and Hawthorne strainer.
6. Garnish with a dehydrated lime wheel.
Rosella and Strawberry Gum Syrup
13g rosella, dried
3g strawberry gum, dried
480g caster sugar
3g citric acid
1. Get water to around 45 degrees (hot tap).
2. Add all ingredients to container.
3. Let sit for 10 mins, stirring occasionally.
4. Fine strain to remove solids.
5. Label, sign and date. Mix will last for 3 weeks.
Yields 950g of syrup